Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trafigura, Probo koala, Toxic dump - now cheated?

Trafigura paid millions to the Cote d'Ivoire victims of its dump of toxic waste from the Probo Koala. Recently a court gave the money to one Mr Gohourou.
Leigh Day solicitors believe that he will not pass it on to the victims.

This view is confirmed by Mavin Ouattara, of a local victim's group (website here), who has sent me an email with photos of documents (in French) which he says prove that Gohourou is an impostor.

If anyone is interested enough to send me an email (you can find my email on my website), I will forward them to you.

Meanwhile, the appearance is that the Africans have been first poisoned, now cheated.

Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a human.

It was this episode that pushed me to call the conference of NGOs yesterday, to outline the laws necessary to constrain mega-corporations. I am working on the document, and hopefully will put it here today or tomorrow.

No comments: