Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Bush avoided attacking Al-Zarqawi because...

Avoiding attacking suspected terrorist mastermind - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com

"Military officials insist their case for attacking Zarqawi’s operation was airtight, but the administration feared destroying the terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam."

Interesting, this. Months ago, I blogged about a letter I wrote to the UK Governemnt asking why they had not frozen Al-Zarqarwi's assets before he killed poor Ken Bigley.

The URL of the blog was http://greenerblog.blogspot.com/2004/12/department-of-freezing-terrorist.html ) Baroness Symonds kindly wrote back to the effect that they did not think he was dangerous before the Ken Bigley abduction and murder.

Even more interesting, my abovementioned blog cannot now be accessed. The first time I checked it after reading the MSN news page, it opened, but now it leads to the dreaded "Not Found" page.

(There's another reference to the question to Baroness Symons here: Mabinogogiblog: The freedom not to ask questions . That is working at the moment).

Yet more interesting still, when I first got onto the Department of Freezing Terrorists' Assets page on my blog, (I hope you're following all of this)
I pressed the automatic Blog This button, which gave me the url of the page in an active link form. It looks like this:

<*a href="http://greenerblog.blogspot.com/2004/12/department-of-freezing-terrorist.html">Blogger: 404 - Page not found
(only without the *, which I put there so you could see the code).

Note the >Blogger: 404 - Page not found<
What it should have had there should have been >Mabinogogiblog[date]<


I will ask the good people at our host Blogger what they make of all this.

Watch this space...

No comments: