Monday, April 16, 2007

Search Technorati...

...and you may not find what you are looking for. I used the search box (over there on the right, where it says "Technorati search") ofr "Opium" on this blog, and I got nothing. But I knew I had blogged on this, so I searched my backups and found 2 pieces written in February 2006. So Technorati does limited searches, because when I looked up the dates (1st Feb and 28 Feb 2006) I found the blogs.

I had the same problem with my research about al-Zarqarwi (or Zaqarwi). The story is there on 8 June 2006. Only that time Technorati could see the blog, but clicking on the Technorati link got a 404 Page not Found message.

After a lot of emails Google responded with a personalised Don't Know What Happened there message.

I am determined to remain on the CockUp side of the CockUp/Conspiracy divide, but it seems to me that there is a very big cock up inside Google or Technorati somewhere.

No comments: