Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hope rears its tousled head at Green Party Conference

At Green Party Conference in Blackpool. Got policy through on the financial crisis, conversed with 1000 people, and brain is now unable to process any more information.

There is room for hope. Presentations on energy showed that the human population can meet all its energy needs from the sun, by covering about 2% of the world's deserts with Concentrated Solar Power installations. This is going to mean a bit of an argy bargy with the Desert Preservation Sociey, but I can live with that.

2 comments:

Stuart Jeffery said...

I'll be covering myself with icecream and chaining myself to a sundae if you try to cover 2% of my rhubarb crumble with CSP.

Save our desserts!

Barkingside 21 said...

Funnily enough, that is exactly what Peter Durrant said on CSP on Friday evening.