Here is a little list of necessary reforms:
- A General Election as soon as practically possible
- MPs get a flat rate London basic accommodation allowance
- Criminal charges against any fraudsters in Parliament
- Proportional Representation to elect MPs and the Second Chamber (i.e. the old House of Lords, now abolished)
- No more pantomime dresses/routines allowed in Parliament
- A new written Constitution
- A Bill of Rights
- Strict controls and real-time transparency for donations to political parties from corporations
- Strict controls on corporate lobbying
- Electorate to have power to recall an unsatisfactory MP
- Reduce the voting age to 16
- and a few others...
Losing their summer break would concentrate minds most wonderfully, and freed of the Gormenghast-style pantomimes of Parliamentary routine, they could get through the work in double quick time.
Therefore, it is entirely reasonable for we the people to demand that MPs cancel their summer holidays in Tuscany and Marbella, and stay on in Westminster over the summer, working up a decent reform programme.
They owe it to us, their employers, to do this. It will go some way to make amends for the mess they have created over their allowances.
Send your MP an email today from this link.