Pity to waste such a fecund slogan on the Tory party, stuffed as it is with climate change deniers and promising a recession-creating programme of spending cuts.
The Green Party could usefully adopt their slogan:
- We cannot go on with burning carbon, because of climate change.
we need a massive investment in jobs in energy conservation.
we need massive investment in renewable energy
- We cannot go on with Free Market Fundamentalism, because
- it gave us the Credit Crunch
- it is incompatible with dealing with climate change
- it allows transnational corporations to act sociopathically.
we must restrict the monopoly that the banks have on money production
- We cannot go on with militarism, because it only makes things worse.
we will agree a diminishing, balanced and simultaneous reduction in military
we will work to bring about international controls on dictators
we will work to solve the problems in the Middle East
we will peacefully solve the problem in Afghanistan
- We cannot go on with the political shambles in Westminster.
we will bring in Proportional Representation, to create real competition between parties at election time.
- We cannot go on with the economic divergence between rich and poor
we will bring in a Basic Income Scheme, a Tobin Tax, and many other economic reforms designed to create economic convergence.
- We cannot go on with the loss of our civil liberties. Therefore...er...Join Liberty
- &c. Feel free to add your own points below.