Let's make a list, summarised from the excellent EcoNews:
(this list is subject to updates)
- UK: heaviest rainfall for 250 years, widespread flooding
- France and Italy also affected by flooding
- Western United States: worst drought in 500 years. Wildfires.
- Akaska, record high temperatures, triggering avalanches
- Australia: fourth hottest summer ever.
- Brazil, Sao Paolo: heat, drought, water shortages
- Bolivia: flooding and landslides
- Indonesia: flooding
- Mozambique: flooding
- Romania: heavy snowfall.
- Slovenia: ice
- Swaziland: rains failed, people starving
- Water shortages in Kosov@
- Heavy rain and floods follow drought in Zimbabwe
- Japan gets heaviest snow in a century
- USA: Record freeze from Polar Vortex problems
- Haiyan, whose intensity was augmented by unusually warm deeper ocean water
and so on.
On the other hand, as human beings, surely we can begin to join the dots, and see that a pattern is forming?