Jeremy Hunt must be sacked from his post as Secretary of State for Health for the following reasons:
- In 2005 he co-authored a book (“Direct Democracy: An Agenda for a New Model Party”) in which he called for the NHS to be dismantled “in effect denationalising the provision of health care in Britain”.
- He wants to create a 7-day service instead of a 5-.day service without providing any extra resources.
- He has persistently misled Parliament and the public by misrepresenting research on mortality at weekends.
- He has used out-dated figures to mislead about stroke services.
- He has advanced 1% a year for A&E attendances, but they are increasing by 3.6% a year.
- Absurdly, he wants to do a survey on junior doctors' morale, when it is plain that his own dictatorial attitude is the cause of their unhappiness.
- He expressed the foolhardy opinion that parents should Google their child's rash.
- He misleadingly asserted that 19 NHS CEO managers agreed with his contract imposition. They did not. He had changed the text of the letter after they had signed.
- 90% of junior doctors are considering resignation over his contract.
- His staff told doctors that an event had been cancelled. It had not been.
- Not content with alienating the medical profession, he is attacking the nurses by withdrawing their bursaries.
- He claimed expenses for his Farnham home while claiming a mortgage on his Hammersmith home.
- He claimed in 2010 that hooliganism lay behind the deaths at Hillsborough.
- He avoided paying £100,000 in 2012 by a tax scheme.
- Nearly 300,000 have signed an ePetition calling for a vote of No Confidence in Hunt.
- His approval rating is -48.
- All of the above actions are consistent with achieving his aim in point 1: he does not believe in the NHS, and wants to destroy it
Will you join the calls for his resignation?